Your Lawyer For Life
Your Lawyer For Life
Thomas J. Bonfiglio, Esq.
- Business Law
- Corporate and commercial transactions
- Real property transactions
Thomas J. Bonfiglio is a Certified Public Accountant and Attorney with over 25 years experience. He earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Pace University, and his Juris Doctor degree from Brooklyn Law School.
Mr. Bonfiglio is admitted to practice in the state courts of New York and New Jersey, as well as in the United States Tax Court, and the the United States District Courts for the Eastern District of New York and the District of New Jersey. Mr. Bonfiglio is also a member of the New York and New Jersey State Bar Associations, the American Bar Association, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, and the New York Society of Certified Public Accountants.
Mr. Bonfiglio established his accounting firm and law practice in 1989, after gaining substantial legal experience as a tax attorney for the “big 6” accounting firm Arthur Anderson & Co., and as tax counsel to Sony USA. Mr. Bonfiglio counsels a broad range of clients on an array of legal and tax matters, including drafting trusts, wills, living wills, health care proxies and powers of attorney. He prepares estate and income tax returns and represents clients before Federal and State tax authorities as well as the United States Tax Court and the Surrogates’ Court. He provides counsel and representation to a wide variety of business clients in corporate and commercial transactions, and serves the needs of his clients on a full range of real property transactions including private and commercial real estate sales, financing and leases. He also represents major banks and individual borrowers in connection with commercial and real estate financing transactions. Mr. Bonfiglio’s knowledge and experience serve our clients well when they need not just a lawyer, but also a trusted advisor who can find comprehensive solutions to complex problems and provide peace of mind.
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 00/1987
- Pace University, New York, New York
- B.B.A., Bachelor of Business Administration - 00/1982
- Major: Public Accounting
- New Jersey, 1987
- New York, 1988
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1987
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1993
- U.S. Tax Court, 1988
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Public Accountant
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- New York Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Sony USA Inc., Tax counsel, 1988 to 1990
- Arthur Anderson & Co., Big 6, Tax attorney, 1987 to 1988